CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

My new downtown digs

What I’m Reading: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You by Ally Carter.

What I’m working on: Rewriting Slayer from the beginning – it’s a whole new and better story.

Word count today: 538 (Woohoo! I’m back!)

I love living downtown. I live in the heart of Orlando. Seriously. I’m walking distance to city center. Not that I’d walk it…..

Technically, I live about 2 miles from the downtown library. I guess if I lived someplace like New York, I might walk. Or take a subway. But in Orlando – part of the great southern sprawl – I’ll drive.

But still – 2 miles. Very cool.

Even better – I really can walk to the big Barnes and Noble. It’s probably less than a mile. And my dry cleaner is walking distance. And work is ¾ of a mile. And we found the greatest little Italian place. And Starbucks – hehe – there are 3 (yep, 3) within a mile and a half of me.

Pause (I’m doing a happy dance.)

But the best part is that I can finally write. I have time. Not only did I have time to write two pages, but I walked my dogs – twice. And COOKED dinner. Yes, I know. It’s pretty damn amazing.

Macy

3 comments:

Katie Reus said...

I love the downtown area! I'm not as close as I'd like, we're right on the outskirts (I won't post my street name, lol), but IMHO, it is the best place to live in this town! Maybe I'll see you out when I'm walking my dog :)

Dara Edmondson said...

Congrats on the move and the addition of precious time. Just think of all the minutes you've added to your day - to your year!

mimi said...

You stink! Envy is pouring off me right now. I used to live 2 blocks from the downtown library, and it was wonderful. Enjoy, enjoy!