CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Super Hero fix

What I'm Reading: The Secret Life of Bees and How Far is the Ocean From Here by Amy Shearn

What I'm working on: Gleaning knowledge from Writing the Breakout Novel to add to Slayer

I just returned from seeing Ironman.

It was so good. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't perfect. There were some really predictable parts, but overall, I loved it.

It had lots to love....

A wounded hero
A lonely heroine
A greedy, well-motivated villian
Some nasty bad guys
Enormous character growth
A compelling need of the hero to make a difference and not waste his chances
A flawed protagonist

and........

the possibility of a sequel.

Batman is still my favorite superhero -- super-wounded, just human, amazing character growth -- but Ironman is my new close second.

Who's your favorite superhero?
(Which superhero would you like to play love interest opposite of?)

M

3 comments:

Dara Edmondson said...

I haven't seen Ironman yet, but I'm a Superman girl - especially Christopher Reeves' Superman.

Chudney Thomas said...

Batman- Christopher Bale. Not that i didn't think Michael Keaton wasn't good at it or Val Kilmer. But Christopher Bale just does it for me.

Lara Dien said...

Superheroes, hmmm? I don't know...

I mean, Superman? Faster than a speeding bullet, anyone? (You weren't thinking of that, were you, Dara....LOL)

Actually, superheroes in general are kind of a turnoff. There's no chance at having your DH be arm candy, for one thing--he's always trying to hide his alter-ego. Then, there are the clothes. Really. You go out to a movie, and next thing you know he's in the men's room putting on tights.

I know, I'm a sucker for a man in (or out of) uniform, so I think I'll stick with my favorite flawed alpha heroes....