CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 15, 2007

Your true self

I blogged a long one over at Affairs of the Pen today. Check it out.

I wrote about a moment and some words that are powerful to me.

Just think about this:
“…you have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way..” Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Wow. Intense stuff.

I have the freedom. My choice. I GET to choose.

To be my true self. Even if others think the dreams and hopes and wishes of my true self are fanciful or unrealistic. I'm the only one that knows whether they are or not. I have to trust myself to dream big enough to challenge me and real enough to give myself a chance.

Here and now. Not next year when I have more time. Not after the kids graduate. Not when I'm a better writer. Not when I've honed my skills. Here. Now. This minute. My choice.

Nothing can stand in my way .... except me. That's the thing about dreams. I'm the only one that can get in the way of my dreams. Life may throw up a roadblock, but I'd better be ready with 4-wheel drive or have some hiking boots and survival gear in back because nothing, not one thing, can stand in my way.

I believe that. It was good to find my old, tattered copy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull and re-read those words.

Tomorrow, I'll post some pretty ambitious goals for the year. Check them out tomorrow. I'm putting them up because I want my road labeled, no veering off and announcing my destination before I get there. Everyone will know where I'm headed, including me. I've got my pack full of survival supplies. And most of all, I have my true self, and that's all I need.

Macy

0 comments: