CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 8, 2007

Romance

I saw The Holiday a few days ago. Loved it. I love romantic movies. Of course, I love adventure movies, too. However, almost every movie that I really love has a romance element of some sort.

I love the boy-meets-girl-and-they-overcome-the-big-obstacle thing.

They meet. They are all wrong for each other, maybe don't even like each other, or maybe they do. They're both interested, but they dance around it for awhile. Finally, they recognize it. Then, they're afraid to admit it. Once they admit it -- after great deliberation or after a weak, impulsive moment -- they face rejection for one of any score of reasons. The black moment descends and all is lost. No. Wait. The heroic couple make sacrifices and it turns out okay and they love each other. HEA.

I love that story. No matter how many times I hear or read it, I love that story!!

0 comments: