CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Work every day ... no matter what

"Work every day. No matter what has happened the day or night before, get up and bite on the nail." --Hemingway

This is what I want -- work every day, no matter what. Sometimes my mind seems to go in so many directions that I can't figure out where to start or end. Tonight, the tug of war is between deleting the last 10 pages of my WIP and then re-attacking it, hammering out more of the plot on the evil plot board, or sitting down with my goal notebook and really figuring out what it is that I want and devising a plan to get there.

"Work every day. No matter what ..."

So I need to work on the book -- either plotting or writing. I gave myself this week to get the kinks ironed out of what I've written so far and get headed in the direction that seems best for the story. I also need to tackle that goal notebook. It's the key to ultimate success.

I guess I'll do both. Thirty minutes of mindful thought toward the goals, followed by thirty minutes of mindful work on the WIP (well, maybe a shower in between -- especially since the really great ideas hit me there). During that time, there won't be any cheating to read email or check out Alyson's blog or read a novel. Thirty minutes x 2. Mindful Work. No matter what. Bite the nail.

0 comments: