CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back-of-the-book blurb

What I'm reading: Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas & Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz.
What I'm working on: Continuing a new scene for The Slayer's Circle and some plot points.


A couple of days ago, I blogged about goals at Affairs of the Pen.

Here's part of what I wrote:

A good writing buddy (Lara) sent me an exercise she was asked to do as part of a writing workshop. It said to write what you wanted your back cover blurb to say about you in five or ten years. This is a great exercise, and one I admit I haven’t done. (But I will.) This is in line with what so many goal setting gurus say: The first thing you have to do is decide what you want to achieve in your lifetime (or the next 5 or 10 years). Since I’m a writer, a back cover blurb about me is a great start.

So, I wrote one. I decided to post it here before I posted my goals for the year or another goal update. This is my 10-year-back-of-the-book blurb.

Rita-award winning MACY O’NEAL is the prolific author of the Circle of Twelve Series. She is praised for creating a world and characters so real we wonder if they might actually exist. In addition to her highly emotional paranormal romances, she also writes passionate women’s fiction. Her novels depicting the epic turmoil of real life consistently land on the New York Times Best-Seller list. And, as if that wasn’t enough, she continues to regale readers with sexually charged Harlequin Desires.

Macy spends her free time daydreaming up new stories in her mountain home in Montana. On Saturdays in the fall, you can find her in the stands on the fifty yard line, cheering loudly for her real-life hero’s football team. Visit her on the web at
www.macyoneal.com. (Not yet a working website, but one can dream.)

Feel free to post yours.

4 comments:

Terry Odell said...

And here I figured just being alive would be good enough for me. I like the Montana mountain thing -- My December release is set there (of course bad things happen, but I'm sure your home won't be anywhere near there).

Cinderwriter said...

OK Macy, I accept your challenge. I will post my back of the book blurb tonight! Check it out at www.jacquelinemcdermott.blogspot.com
Jacquie

Unknown said...

Sounds good!! Wow, I'm impressed. I posted mine, too, under the writer quiz I swiped from Jacqueline:)

Dara Edmondson said...

Nice blurb! Best of luck that it become reality soon!