CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Busy, busy

What I'm reading: Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer.
What I'm working on: Umm -- see below.

Arghh....

Once again, life is taking its toll on my writing. I do fine as long as I can come home from work and write, but alas......

Last week, I was swamped with a kid function one night after work, a work function one night, a local RWA thingy one night (which was great, btw), and an all day Saturday Discovering Story Magic workshop (again, fabulous). Tonight, I had a church thingy. Wednesday, I have a work thingy.

However, I refuse to get frustrated. Last year, these life things would have set me back in my writing. This year, life happens. I get it. I'll just put my butt in the chair on the nights I have and do my darnedest to catch up.

Does this ever happen to you -- this "life gets in the way of writing" thing? How do you deal with it?

Macy

4 comments:

Katie Reus said...

You've definitely got the right attitude! Honestly, 'life' has really never gotten in the way of writing b/c I just do it. Ever since I started it's habit. I might have a couple days where I absolutely can't, but I've never gone weeks without writing. BUT, I also don't have kids so who knows what will happen when I do! :)

Lara Dien said...

I stopped writing in my sig line "writing is life, everything else is research" -- now I do less research!

No, you know how much life gets in the way -- that's why I have CPs and goal-setting buddies I rely on.

L--

mimi said...

I am right there with you, babe! If it's not a school or church thing, it's the endless parade of laundry and children and dogs and and and and...

This year, I'm hoping to be more productive, so I need to create more opportunities for the writing and for me, personally. Better overall health will help the writing effort, too.

Hang in there!

Dara Edmondson said...

I have lots of thingies, too - especially now with my folks arriving for their 6 week stay today. Wish I was as on top of it as you. Still working on that.