CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Voice theory -- a vague intro

What I'm reading: Lay That Trumpet in our Hands by Susan Carol McCarthy; and Seduced by the Wealthy Playboy by Sara Orwig.

What I'm working on: A scene in the middle of Slayer.

New words 1/24: 0 (worked until nearly 10 pm)
New words 1/25: 0 (Is being exhausted a good excuse?)
New words today: 1013

I browsed through the young adult section of B&N tonight. I read the back of alot of books. Funny how that simple process triggered a couple of theories about my writing voice. (I just love those little discoveries.)

I'll post my theories next week sometime. I have two. One about emotion and one about the tortured hero/heroine.

In a loosely related way, the following quiz is interesting. (Looooosely related......)
There are alot of vampire books out there in YA and romance. I am really only drawn to a handful. Funny, but I think I figured out why. Again, that's a next week post.

In the meantime, could you be a vampire?

You Could Not Be a Vampire

Sorry, but you're not just cut out for flesh eating, turning into a bat, and living forever.But that's okay. The sight of blood turns your stomach... without even thinking of drinking it.And while you definitely would never be a vampire, you're exactly the type of frail prey Dracula wannabe's crave.Maybe it's time to arm yourself with a cross and some nasty garlic breath!What you would like best about being a vampire: The raw power (though you wouldn't admit it to anyone)What you would like least about being a vampire: The whole killing thing.

0 comments: