CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Sum-up

What I'm reading: Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas & Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz.
What I'm working on: A new scene for The Slayer's Circle and getting the next chapter ready for some crits.

* I posted some goal info and ideas at the Affairs of the Pen blog earlier today. Check it out. *

Since I’ll be posting my goals here shortly, I’d also like to commit to summing up my weekly progress every Sunday. I think it will help keep me on track.

This week’s goals:

Goal #1:
Write 5000 new words. [Almost made it! I managed to write 4000 (3000 on The Slayer’s Circle and 1000 on a new idea). I didn’t break down which story I wanted to write on for this week, but next week I will.]

Goal #2:
Get at least 2.5 K edited and sent off to crit partner. [Accomplished!]

Goal #3:
Work on plot at least 30 minutes. [Accomplished! But barely.]

Goal #4:
Read to understand craft elements. [I almost always accomplish this one.]

**********************************
Next week’s goals:

Goal #1: Write 5000 new words for The Slayer’s Circle and 500 new words for the new book.

Goal #2:
Get between 2.5 and 5 K edited and sent off to crit partner. Crit my partner’s submission.

Goal #3:
Work on plot for at least one hour this week.

Goal #4: Finish Dreaming of You to be ready for book club.

0 comments: