CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Reaffirming the writing

What I'm reading: Lay That Trumpet in our Hands by Susan Carol McCarthy AND Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder.

What I'm working on: A scene in the middle of Slayer, and I’m beginning to stress about a finding a dark, paranormal junkie who’s willing to be a beta reader. Are you out there? (Still checking since I haven’t found you yet.)

New words today: 1131

I’m taking a little break from my Voice Theory series. Tune in tomorrow or Friday for installment #3.

I thought that I’d just share couple of profound quotes today. I don’t have time for much more. I must write and plot and write and plot.

Maybe these will reaffirm your writing goals and dreams, too.

"Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer." --- Barbara Kingsolver


"There's one thing your writing must have to be any good at all. It must have you. Your soul, your self, your heart, your guts, your voice -- you must be on that page. In the end, you can't make the magic happen for your reader. You can only allow the miracle of 'being one with' to take place. So dare to be yourself. Dare to reveal yourself. Be honest, be open, be true...If you are, everything else will fall into place." --- Elizabeth Ayres

Okay, go write.

Macy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those quotes. I may have to add the second one to my sidebars, or something. Thanks for the reaffirmation.

Unknown said...

p.s. I'm sure I'm not the dream beta reader you're looking for, but I'll be one if you need someone in the interim until you find the ideal reader. Or if you just want me to be one on a regular basis for the heck of it cuz I'm so cool. Har. Humor. My credentials? I loved the Anita Blake series; HP 3 & 4 were my faves, I love Twilight and I read Ward, so if you don't find the ideal reader you're looking for in the short term, let me know. (But I won't be upset if you say no either because I know I tend toward lighter stuff, and I'm looking for crit partners and beta readers, too-- meaning, I get it.)

Dara Edmondson said...

Great quotes. I'm not much of paranormal fan, but I owe you a chapter read. Let me know if you want me to give you a crit.