CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Challenge, cont.

What I'm reading: Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer; Lay That Trumpet in our Hands by Susan Carol McCarthy; and Seduced by the Wealthy Playboy by Sara Orwig.

What I'm working on: I'm trying to get up to the actual fight scene between my heroine and the demon (villian) that once imprisoned her.

New words today: 1065


I've got a couple of interested challengers. The more I think about it, the more I like the 15k in 30 days. That boils down to 500 words (roughly 2 pages a day). Of course, I also like 5k per week. Hmm.....

I'm waiting to see if anyone is up for the challenge with me. (See previous post.)

I do have another challenge from my brainstorm/crit partner that lives in the big apple: Exchange completed manuscripts by March 15th. Eegads.

We're not talking perfect books here, but we are talking polished rough drafts. That means I'm still bound to my goal of completing the manuscript by Feb. 28th. I HOPE to have a first round of edits by March 15th so that while not perfect, my friend is getting 'not crap'. The front end is edited to a point, so hopefully.......

Ramble, ramble......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm up for a challenge. Maybe 5k by the end of this month, and another 15-20K in February? I have a lot going on in February, and I want to enjoy my trip to Florida and really be there for my in-laws as needed, plus it's my dad's birthday, and we have a Superbowl sale at the Deli, then we have V-day plans, and Dante's birthday, (ramble, ramble) so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do weekly 5k's, but I can make up for how behind I get and make sure that for the month I do an average of weekly 5k's. I hope!! Count me in, in some form.

Unknown said...

Wait a minute . .. I'm thinking weekly 10k's. Weekly 5k's isn't really that much. We're not saying it has to be polished or perfect, right? I can do 5k a week. Sorry . . . mind freeze:)

Katie Reus said...

I'm on board for the 15K in 30 days, but probably won't start until February 1st! Just got my first round of edits back from the editor and I agreed to beta read an entire manuscript so I probably won't be focusing on anything else for the next two weeks.

If you really want to do this and be held accountable, I'm so on board!! I love new challenges. Let me know what dates you decide ;)

Katrina Snow said...

I love your challenges, Macy. If I weren't working my butt off on the rewrite so that you too get 'not crap' on 3/15, I'd join you for the 15K in 30 days. I'm thinking May may be an unofficial nano month for me. Hmmm. Maybe 30K in 30 days. It has a nice ring to it.

Katrina